<<Previous Next>> (Click to Download Infographic) Scroll Down To See The Blog Video Did you know that you can actually use Instagram to market your brand or business? Instagram boasts more than 500 million active accounts, so if you’re able to create and maintain a popular Instagram account, you’ll have access to an incredibly
Scroll Down To See The Blog Video
Did you know that you can actually use Instagram to market your brand or business? Instagram boasts more than 500 million active accounts, so if you’re able to create and maintain a popular Instagram account, you’ll have access to an incredibly vast potential customer base.
While Instagram isn’t for everyone, this visual platform has taken off like wildfire, so if you’re able to commit to posting photos and videos that are nice to look at, and also have something to do with your brand, Instagram has a lot to offer for businesses.
Here are 5 tips to help boost your success on Instagram:
1. Make Your Profile Pop. Your Username matters. If at all possible, it should be your business name. If your business name is taken, perhaps your business name with another relevant word on the end. You also want to choose either your logo or an awesome photo for your profile picture. You will also see that you’ve got room for a short profile description. Be sure to include a link to your website. Describe your business clearly and concisely, and try to make it interesting.
2. Connect Your Instagram to your Facebook Page. While it is a marketing fact that you should have all of your social media accounts linked up in every way possible, it is particularly important for your Instagram and Facebook accounts to be linked. Facebook owns Instagram, and you can’t buy ads on Instagram unless you’ve got a Facebook page. At some point you’re going to want to pay for advertising on Instagram.
3. Buy Advertising. There are three types of ads you can buy on Instagram. You can use a Photo Ad, Video Ad, or Carousel Ad. Photo ads are clean, simple, and self-explanatory. With video ads, you are able to run a video advertise of up to 60 seconds in length. A carousel ad lets users look through a few different photos and has a call to action to click on your website to learn more.
4. Use Hashtags. Hashtags are what cause your photos to show up in various searches. You can use a lot of hashtags, so make sure to use as many as are fitting. Instagram best practice is to put hashtags in the comment section after you post your photo or video.
5. Only Post Your Best Shots. You’re not a professional photographer, and you don’t have to be! That being said, don’t post crummy snapshots, either. The photos and videos you post on your business IG account should be visually appealing, relevant to your business/target audience, and edited to look their best. Instagram’s editing software is kind of magical. With cropping, filters, and the ability to adjust features like light, color, and contrast, you can make your photos look like a million bucks in just a few minutes, so there’s really no excuse to post anything that doesn’t look awesome. Remember, people like photos that are either artistically interesting, pretty and well composed or interesting. If you see something unusual or beautiful, take a picture!
Most people can make Instagram work for their business. With a bit of time, patience, and commitment to the cause, you’ll soon have an IG account full of amazing pictures, and tons of customers and potential customers as followers.
Author: Denise Keniston
Denise Keniston is an entrepreneur and former network news anchor. After leaving the TV news business, she founded Keniston and Company which grew to $7M annually. Today, she manages Web4Retail and several other businesses including Blue Tidal Wave and Decorate Small Spaces. She frequently writes and speaks about marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship.