<<Previous Next>> (Click to Download Infographic) You’re on Instagram. You’ve tapped the power of a 500-million strong social network. Being visible across social media is a good thing, however, you also have a business to run. You can’t afford to spend hours a day on Instagram, which is what it would take to manually
You’re on Instagram. You’ve tapped the power of a 500-million strong social network. Being visible across social media is a good thing, however, you also have a business to run. You can’t afford to spend hours a day on Instagram, which is what it would take to manually handle everything that needs to be done to properly manage a large Instagram for Business account. Fortunately, there are tools to help you with practically every aspect of Instagram. Here’s a handful you should know about:
1. Hootsuite is the general manager of your social media accounts. If you don’t already have a Hootsuite account, get one now. It will revolutionize your social media game! You’ll be able to control all of your social media accounts from one dashboard, scheduling out posts in advance, sharing across platforms, and answering questions and comments from your followers.
2. Canva allows you to create professional looking images for social media, with a variety of backgrounds, fonts, and pictures, as well as allowing you to upload your own photos. Best of all, it allows you to appropriately size them with a click of a button for the social media platform of your choosing. Make something awesome for your IG followers in a matter of minutes!
3. Tagboard is a tool that gathers social media posts with a certain hashtag, allowing you to view all of your business’s hashtag content at once. This can be used in so many ways. Embed it on your website, or use it behind the scenes to monitor how and where your hashtags are spreading. Since IG is a hashtag driven site, the possibilities for how this can help grow your advertising are endless.
4. ScheduGram is a scheduling tool just for your Instagram accounts. You can schedule multiple photos to be posted to multiple IG accounts. As an added benefit, ScheduGram has integrated Canva into its platform, making it even easier to design and post content.
5. The tool formerly known as Latergramme offers a sleek and user-friendly platform for managing your IG accounts. Post your pics and schedule them out in advance while taking advantage of myriad features, including bulk uploading, search and repost, and coming soon: hashtag campaigns.
6. Iconosquare lets you manage and promote your IG content easily, with tools to analyze follower growth and user activity. It also lets you promote your IG account across other social media platforms, and create photo contests.
7. Crowdfire/TakeoffCrowdfire allows you to manage your relationship between IG and Twitter. Find and delete inactive users and unfollowers, and locate relevant users to follow. You can also monitor how your social media posts affect follows and unfollows. Takeoff is a tool offered by Crowdfire. It allows you to automate Instagram posts for the times when your followers are most active. It will also analyze your captions to suggest relevant and trending hashtags to help your post to be discovered.
With so many great tools to help you maximize your presence while minimizing the time you spend on Instagram, you’ll be an IG pro in no time. Whether you use one or all of them, the programs listed here will make your user experience so much more smooth and manageable. You’ll wonder how you ever did it without them!
Author: Denise Keniston
Denise Keniston is an entrepreneur and former network news anchor. After leaving the TV news business, she founded Keniston and Company which grew to $7M annually. Today, she manages Web4Retail and several other businesses including Blue Tidal Wave and Decorate Small Spaces. She frequently writes and speaks about marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship.