Next>> (Click to Download Infographic) Scroll Down To See The Blog Video Facebook Live is a video streaming feature that lets anyone broadcast videos from their mobile device. It’s being considered the next thing to kill cable TV. How can this newly launched service help your business? First, Facebook Live offers your audience a different
Scroll Down To See The Blog Video
Facebook Live is a video streaming feature that lets anyone broadcast videos from their mobile device. It’s being considered the next thing to kill cable TV. How can this newly launched service help your business? First, Facebook Live offers your audience a different type of content, and it’s much more exciting! It can help you improve reach with less time spent than when you write individual posts. You can broadcast behind-the-scenes vignettes at your office, or you can discuss a blog article or event relating to your business. If you have a product or service to launch, then Facebook Live is a great tool to utilize!
1. Getting started on Facebook Live is super simple. Just go to your homepage, and at the top you’ll see a Status button. Click it, and then click the Live video button. That’s it. You’re rolling! Be sure that you’re prepared before you click in order to avoid any embarrassing moments being broadcast to your target market. While it can be very effective to make impromptu videos, it also pays to practice if you normally get a case of nerves when you know you’re speaking to an audience.
2. One great way to engage your customers is to use Facebook Live to answer questions in a live FAQ talk. You can ask for questions on your page, and compile them over the course of a few days. If you don’t get as many questions as you’re hoping for, it is totally okay to create your own questions to answer, based on a combination of past inquiries and common sense about things that your potential customers may be wondering about your product or service.
3. Videos are also a great way to give your customers a little glimpse of good things that will be coming soon. Let them see the awesome new product that will be available next month. Hype the launch of your new e-course! Everyone loves to feel like they’ve discovered something new that not a lot of people know about yet, so it may as well be the thing that you’re selling!
4. Do you have a big event coming up? Whether it’s the grand opening of your brick and mortar store, a post every day for a month blogging event, or a Black Friday sale, video allows you to create a lot more anticipation that you can with print ads alone.
5. Let them have a little peek into your private life. When customers feel like they know you as a person, it builds a bond. This bond helps them trust you, which makes them more likely to do business with you. Snippets of your kids decorating your Christmas tree, funny footage of your family dog being fed pizza at the office, or a company picnic with kids and spouses having a great time all make great video fodder.
Now that you’re in the know, you can get busy streaming video! You’ll be ahead of the curve, as not many businesses are taking full advantage of this feature yet, but its time is quickly coming. Now is the time to establish yourself at the head of the pack.
Author: Denise Keniston
Denise Keniston is an entrepreneur and former network news anchor. After leaving the TV news business, she founded Keniston and Company which grew to $7M annually. Today, she manages Web4Retail and several other businesses including Blue Tidal Wave and Decorate Small Spaces. She frequently writes and speaks about marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship.